Ulster’s Digital Learning Environment
Ulster University has adopted a blended approach to learning and teaching for all modules. The student records system is integrated with the digital learning environment, when a student logs in they will see a Blackboard area for each of their modules, and an area for their programme.
The emerging Digital Futures Strategy describes the strategic ambition for blended, open and online delivery supported by a robust, resilient and reliable infrastructure. Ulster has partnered with Blackboard to provide the infrastructure to realise the institutional expectations for digital learning.
Ulster's Digital Learning Environment consists of the core Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and a range of approved and supported learning and teaching tools that are integrated with the VLE.
The Digital Learning Infrastructure
- Blackboard Learn. Ulster's version of Blackboard is currently Blackboard 9.1 October 2014 release.
- Blackboard Collaborate - web conferencing and virtual classroom technology.
- Sharstream - Online video streaming technology and video assignments.
- Turnitin - Originality checking software and electronic management of assessment and feedback
- Respondus quiz authoring software.