The Office for Digital Learning is currently offering a range of digital learning training and support for staff across all campuses. Registration is required for all events.
Electronic management of assessment - tailored support sessions
Bookable half hour slots, focusing on electronic management of assessment and tailored to your needs. Please provide details of your requirements and book at least one day in advance.
- Magee, Wednesday 3 April, 3-4.30pm, MM221 (Book slot)
- Jordanstown, Wednesday 3 April, 3.30-5pm, 2B11 (Book slot)
- Coleraine, Wednesday 10 April, 3.30-5pm, G049 (Book slot)
- Belfast, Friday 12 April, 10-11.30am, BA-03-24 (Book slot)
Subscribe to the Digital Conversations podcast series. This consists of short topical themes relating to digital learning at Ulster; including digital insights, video assignments, delegated grading, accessibility legislation and Office 365. There is a live chat event at the end of the series, for debate and discussion about the themes.Book Now
Panopto video platform
A hands-on computer lab workshop to get you up and running with using Panopto, to enrich your Blackboard modules with video learning content and assessment. It also provides advice on migrating video content from ShareStream to Panopto.
- Magee, Wednesday 3 April, 1.30-2.30pm, MM221
- Jordanstown, Wednesday 3 April, 2.15-3.15pm, 2B11
- Coleraine, Wednesday 10 April, 2.15-3.15pm, G049
- Belfast, Friday 12 April, 12-1pm, BA-03-24
Building digital capability
This workshop allows you to reflect on your digital skills using the Jisc Discovery Tool. The tool creates a tailored report identifying opportunities to enhance your skills, along with supporting resources. This session provides guidance and support with using the Discovery Tool and the opportunity to share and discuss digital skills with your peers. Please bring your own device to this session.
- Coleraine, Tuesday 4 June, 10.30-11.30pm, U116
- Belfast, Wednesday 5 June, 12.30-1.30pm, BA-02-005
Designing flipped learning
An activity-based workshop to plan flipped learning, with pre-workshop online activities to prepare for this - modelling best practice. Participants sequence learning activities for physical and virtual spaces, to develop a flipped, active blended and student focussed learning design. Participants can work either individually or as a group. With the opportunity to discuss and share ideas, overcome challenges and find out about technologies that support this approach - including video learning content, online quizzes, online learning community and interactive apps. Please bring your own device to this session. Further information - workshop outline and blog post.
- Coleraine, Tuesday 4 June, 12.30-2.30pm, U116
- Belfast, Wednesday 5 June, 2.30-4.30pm, BA-02-005
For further information, or if you require any further support, or tailored School/Dept training, please email DigitalLearning@ulster.ac.uk.