Our remit is to promote, develop and support digital learning technologies to enhance both educational practice and the student experience.
We are a multi-disciplinary team responsible for the planning, development, delivery and support of digital learning tools and services at the University of Ulster, including the institutional VLE, Blackboard Learn. Our team includes creative digital designers who work collaboratively with academic teams to produce high quality digitally rich learning.
We work closely with our academic colleagues and student partners to inform, inspire and support the use of appropriate tools and technologies to enhance the student experience. In a rapidly evolving digital environment with fluidity of spaces, devices, technologies and modes of learning, we continually review our services to ensure effectiveness in learning technology adoption.
Our services are aligned with both the University of Ulster Corporate Plan and the Learning and Teaching Strategy in the following areas:
- Continuously improve our digital technology solutions, services and learning environment to support and complement the overall University of Ulster vision and values.
- Develop flexible and accessible programmes and learning provision in anticipation of students’ changing needs and study patterns;
- Enable greater innovation, flexibility and creativity in curriculum design and delivery.
- To provide appropriate, flexible, well equipped and managed learning and teaching spaces (both physical and virtual) that reflect and/or anticipate pedagogic developments and stimulate collaboration in learning and teaching, research and administration.
- Set standards to ensure a coherent and consistent approach to the use of technology within the curriculum to ensure that the expectations of students are met and exceeded.
- To create and develop opportunities for University staff to enhance and promote their digital literacy skills and share good practice in digital learning.